Job Opportunity Description:
Manufacturer Sales Representative
Travel Required: 20%
Solidification Products International
(SPI) was founded in 1991 to develop and manufacture solidification technology and products for oil spill cleanups and unique industrial applications.
SPI’s development and patenting of SPI Petro-Barrier™, Petro-Plug® and Petro-Pipe® provided solutions to SPI customers’ oil containment needs with a passive, cost-effective solution for oil sheen removal, oil spill containment and rain water drainage.
To support the ongoing growth of Solidification Products International Inc., we are seeking an Industrial Sales Representative for the Northeast who will focus on the expansion of client relationships, new business development and the promotion of company business within the region. The preferred location for this position is within the Northford/Hartford Connecticut area.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing company in the oil containment industry.
- Devise and implement the market strategies to directly support and drive new accounts in the Northeastern US.
- Identify opportunities, creating a pipeline of qualified prospects to produce profitable proposals and orders with established forecasts and objectives for the business.
- Build, maintain and improve relationships with current and prospective customers to ensure that SPI is recognized as the provider of choice and maintains or gains trusted advisor / consultant status.
- Providing effective customer relationship management by working in conjunction with the delivery team and business stakeholders to deliver high levels of service, resolving issues raised by customers and to seek mutually satisfactory solutions and ensure high customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Achieving commercial and operational targets set by management, including sales pipeline, orders, profitability, sales budget, client / market development and quality.
- Develop, maintain key account metrics and communicate clearly progress to Sr. Management.
Required knowledge/skills Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of proven record of successfully developing accounts and closing sales
- Proven track record of working in a sales function showing ability, and motivation to grow business delivering client focused solutions based on customer needs
- Demonstrate excellent commercial and business understanding, possess excellent communications, and planning skills, and have a confident and flexible approach to their work
- Must be a Motivated Self-Starter with exceptional communication skill set.
- Extensive computer experience: MS Office, Power-point, CRM, etc.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and MVR in good standing
- Ability to pass a pre-screen drug test
- Availability to travel as needed. Travel is expected to be in the 20-30% range (short trips)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- College or Tech School Graduate Preferred and or equal experience. Industrial/ Electrical Utilities/ Plumbing Background a Plus.
- Full-Time Position with Industry Leader in Environmental Products: Excellent Benefits, Competitive Base Pay, Unlimited Commissions, Outstanding Workplace Environment.
- Qualified applicants, please email Résumé to:
VP Sales and Marketing
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Solidification Products International, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.