For more than 30 years, Solidification Products International Inc. (SPI) has been developing and manufacturing solidification and technology products. Our veteran-owned small business specializes in oil spill cleanups and applications for military, municipal, industrial, utilities and solar projects all around the world.
We have a long-standing history of innovation in oil spill cleanup, and we continue to provide products that are both technically advanced and cost-effective. Our company is proud to be an ISO-certified manufacturer of patented oil containment products and systems.
SPI continues to grow, offering a customer-centric and quality-driven focus for our clients. We foster a safe, relaxed work environment and are looking to expand our team with qualified individuals seeking clerical work in Northford, Connecticut.
Administrative Coordinator and Billing Clerk in Northford, Connecticut
SPI is currently seeking an administrative coordinator and billing clerk in Northford, Connecticut. To succeed in this role, applicants must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
Ideal candidates have done clerical work in the past and have experience with proofreading and customer support. Candidates should also have experience with AP, AR, Adobe Acrobat Pro, spreadsheet management and QuickBooks. While not required, prior experience in small business operations is desired.
The position is full-time with expected eight-hour shifts from Monday to Friday. The role is in-office, so applicants must be able to commute or be willing to relocate to Northford, Connecticut, before starting work.
The hourly competitive pay is based on experience with an introductory range of $21.00-$24.00 per hour.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of experience in customer service
- At least one year of experience in billing or a related field is preferred
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing after 90 days
- Retirement plan
- Review and process invoices, including verifying the accuracy of billing data and revising any errors
- Prepare and mail invoices to customers
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding product information, sales and billing issues
- Maintain accurate records of billing activities
- File and maintain invoices, receipts and other financial records
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Experience in phone communications
- Experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft 365 and Apple computers
- Experience with order entry is a plus